The board and staff of the Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre (W.TEC) wishes all friends, supporters and participants a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
We extend her heartfelt gratitude to all our 2016 sponsors and supporters who have contributed immensely to the great achievements and success of W.TEC in 2016, including:
Intel, IREX, Oracle, GE, MainOne, TakingITGlobal, Laureates College, Lagos State Ministry of Education PepsiCo Foundation, National Library Lagos, University of Lagos and countless individual donors who supported our programmes with cash and in-kind donations.
Some of our 2016 highlights include:
- – Hosting the W.TEC Girls Technology Camp for the 9th consecutive year
- – Organising the ‘Staying Safe Online’ seminar series for 3,500 girls and teachers across 10 secondary schools
- – Our afterschool technology club – the W.TEC Academy – reached over 220 girls in 20 Lagos state public secondary schools
- – Provided technology training for 36 librarians to support the evolution of Nigerian public libraries into modern information hubs and safe spaces where girls can access technology
- – W.TEC staff attended international conferences including in Kenya, Morocco, Ghana, Italy and Sweden
- – W.TEC successfully applied for the GlobalGiving Accelerator and was rewarded with a permanent fundraising spot on the world’s foremost online crowdfunding community
- – Launched the Digital Marketing workshop series for women entrepreneurs
- – Hosted 2 well-attended events at Social Media Week Lagos
- – W.TEC staff featured at over 25 public speaking engagements, with a reach of over 2,900 people
- – In all, W.TEC’s programmes reached 4,261 girls, women and teachers
W.TEC thanks you for all your support in 2016 and looks forward to a fulfilling journey in 2017.