|The Intel She Will Connect Africa program is an initiative that uses a combination of digital literacy training, development of gender-relevant content, and the creation of an online peer network to help bridge the gender gap in Internet access. The program has trained upwards of 150,000 women in Nigeria, South Africa, and Kenya in face-to-face training conducted by the program’s partner organizations since its launch in 2013.
||SHE CAN with ICT – Sustaining Her Enterprise, Career and Network with ICT is an initiative of Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre, W.TEC, under the Intel She Will Connect campaign designed to expose young women in tertiary institutions, who are about concluding their undergraduate programmes and stepping into the job market, to in-depth practical entrepreneurial skills and ICT tools that would help them prepare for the technology-driven workplace.
|Objectives of SHE CAN WITH ICT Programme are:
- i. Identifying and learning digital literacy and business promotion tools.
ii. Using technology to enhance and support the work of small enterprises.
iii. Providing startup financial support for young female entrepreneurs.
iv. Pitching business ideas to potential investors by innovative startups.
v. Introducing young women to support networks – Financial, technology, advocacy etc., both online and offline, that they can harness to promote their businesses and career pursuits.
Expected Outcomes of the Programme:
- i. Increase the number of women working with and using information technology productively.
- ii. Easy access to capital for female entrepreneurs to achieve their business goals and meet significant milestones, whether they’re launching a new product, acquiring key customers, or reaching a revenue goal.
- iii. Train at least one thousand (1,000) young women to use ICT productively in every area of their lives.
- iv. Have at least one hundred (150) women who have started and grown their start-up business or who are gainfully employed by the end of the program.
- v. Build a network of upward-mobile women entrepreneurs, who can mentor younger women.
Please, Register Here
|The goal is to give young female undergraduates and 1st year Postgraduate students in University of Lagos, UNILAG, the opportunity of connecting with the business world and applying all they have learnt in the classroom in preparation for the workplace, and using the Internet as a business tool.
General Criteria for Participant Selection:
We are recruiting female participants for this programme who are:
- i. Current students of University of Lagos (UNILAG).
- ii. Available between February – June 2017.
- iii. Between the ages of 15 – 35 years.
- iv. Interested in setting-up a business or expanding an existing one.
- v. Interested in developing their technology knowledge and skills for business and career.
- vi. Computer literate at a basic level i.e. can turn it on and off, can create and manage files, and have a working knowledge of the Internet.
General Opportunities for Beneficiaries:
- i. Free workshop materials for first 50 participants to register.
- ii. Free internet access at the ICT-based modules training venue
- iii. Free access to a total of 20 workshops – Entrepreneurship, Information & Communication Technology (ICT), Content Writing (online & offline) and Social Advocacy.
- iv. Free access to a global online peer-network (WorldPulse).
- v. Free access to international educational information and programmes (Goethe Institut).
- vi. Support-systems for young business- and career-focused women.
- vii. Peer-peer support-systems for young business- and career-focused women online.
Please, Register Here
Do you want to Pitch your business idea (product/service)?
Criteria for Start-Ups selection to be eligible for Seed-funding:
- i. Must meet all the General Criteria for Participant Selection listed above.
- ii. Must have a viable business idea/product/service, presented as an individual or group (maximum of 3 persons).
- iii. The product or service being pitched must score a minimum score of 75% on the judging rubic.
- iv. A comprehensive and concise business plan – minimum of 8 pages and maximum of 10 pages.
- v. Register your project with a token fee of =N=2,000 per person, =N=5,000 per group (maximum of 3 persons).
- vi. Also make a payment of =N=1,000 per person or group for the certificate of completion.
Opportunities for Selected Start-Ups
- i. Seed-funds for viable start-ups ranging between =N=25,000 and =N=150,000.
(1st Prize – N150,000, 2nd prize – N100,000, 3rd Prize – N75,000, 4th – 10th positions – N25,000) each, either for individual or group.
Note that only the very best viable start-ups that met all the criteria for Start-Ups Selection listed above would be eligible for the seed fund.
- ii. Internship placement with credible organizations after interview with requesting organisation is successful. Note that internship places are limited, so these will be awarded to selected startups based on interest by organisations/companies after the interviews.
- iii. Mentorship both online and offline inline with participants’ areas of interest. Note that mentorship places are limited, so these will be awarded to selected startups based on interest by organisations / companies after the interviews.
- iv. Personal profile for self and business on a global platform (Wikipedia)
- v. Participants will participate in a business pitch/fair for their startups.
- vi. Participants will be part of the graduation ceremony of the programme.
- vii. Access to the UNIDO Enterprise Development & Investment Promotion (EDIP) Program
To apply for the programme, Please, Register Here
- Feedback from participants of 2015 SHE CAN WITH ICT:
– Nwaogbo Precious
– Adeyi Shakira Tobiloba
– Christiana Ugorji
Partners and supporters of the SHE CAN WITH ICT Programme include: