Miss Adeyosola Ajakaiye had established herself in camp as a champion from day – 1 in camp. The Ibadan Camp was W.TEC‘s first outing for hosting Tech camps for girls outside Lagos. The camp indeed turned out impressive due to the way the girls had shown interest in their sessions and who they have worked to produce fascinating projects in camp.
Miss Adeyosola during the camp had been consistent in her been ahead of the pack with her performance during the camp session. It was no surprise to anyone her emergence as the best and first ever Queen of W.TEC Ibadan Technology camp for girls.
In this post we get to meet this super tech lady as she shares with us her experience at the camp.
Miss Adeyosola had established herself as a champion in camp from the first day of camp. The Ibadan camp was W.TEC’s first outing outside Lagos for the
Can we meet you?
My name is Adeyosola Ajakaiye. I am 14 years old and I attend Louisville Girls High School
1. How will you describe your experience at the camp?
The camp was a very fun and educative experience.
2. What were your expectations of the camp before attending?
I had heard of the camp before but I really did not know what to expect.
3. How were your interactions with the other camp participants and what impact did it have on you?
It was slow at first but before the camp ended, I had made a lot of new friends who I plan to keep in contact with.
4. What was a day like in camp?
The camp daily was always exciting.
5. What was your favourite session in the camp?
My favourite session was the 3D designing and printing. It was very easy for me to learn and I know that I can make good use of the knowledge I gained in the future.
6. How has the camp inspired you in making decisions for the future?
The camp has taught me to be open-minded.
7. How did you enjoy the extra-curricular activities?
The extra-curricular activities which were the girls talk and career talk were very enlightening. The lesson I learn from both talks was to always be yourself.
8. What would you say made you stand out from other camp participants?
My past knowledge of ICT helped me a lot during the classes.
9 How did you feel when you were announced as Miss W.TEC
I was really excited and happy. I was really thankful that I got the opportunity to attend the camp.
10. As Miss W.TEC what advice would you give other girls concerning ICT?
I advise other girls to always have the zeal to learn more about technology
11. How was it to be treated as a Queen by W.TEC and camp mates?
It was great. All my friends congratulated me and celebrated with me.
12. What were your reactions the of your family, friends at home when they found out that you were crowned Miss W.TEC?
My family was very happy and proud of me. The had encouraged me all through the camp to put in my best and they were very happy with the end result.
13. How much will you say becoming Miss W.TEC have changed you?
I’m still the same person but I have learned to be open minded and to always put in my best when learning.
14. What will you expect of the next Miss W.TEC?
I expect her to be very hardworking and creative.
15. What do you feel will be the future of Nigerian women in Technology?
I feel that girls and Nigerian women and girls, in particular, are very creative. Technology will help to bring their ideas to life but they have to have the willingness to learn.
16. What will be your advice to future campers of W.TEC camp?
I advise all future campers to work hard and always pay attention during classes.